"For, About and By Bluff Park, Alabama"

Home Neighborhood Updates Bluff Park Information Bluff Park Businesses About and Contact Neighborhood Watch Bluff Park Forum Community Billboard Op/Ed (Coming Soon) Heather's Corner

Spread the word!  Like us on Facebook:  

Follow us on Twitter

Get the Book "Images of America: Hoover" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs   

Get the Book "Images of America: Bluff Park" by BluffParkAL.org's own Heather Skaggs

Check out the Event Calendar for "Images of America: Bluff Park" and "Images of America: Hoover"

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Welcome to the Bluff Park, Alabama Forum
03/28/24 at 5:44am
News: Welcome to BluffParkAL.org, serving as THE Bluff Park Neighborhood Web Site since 2006
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reporting Traffic Violations (Read 64813 times)
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Reporting Traffic Violations
11/20/07 at 3:09pm

Hello everyone,
     After discussing the traffic complaints posted on this site with Assistant Chief Roper and the Bluff Park Forum Administrator, I would like to inform you of another way to report traffic violations.
     If you observe someone commit a traffic violation, such as running a stop sign, I ask that you provide the information listed below in an e-mail to me at haleb@ci.hoover.al.us   

1.  Your name.
2.  Contact phone number.
3.  Date and approximate time of violation.
4.  Location of violation.
5.  Vehicle tag number and description of vehicle.
6.  Description of driver.
7.  Details of the violation.

After you provide this information to me, I will contact you to obtain additional details regarding the offense.  I will then make contact with the registered owner of the vehicle by telephone and inform them of the complaint.  If the registered owner was driving the vehicle at the time of the offense, I will inform them that their tag number and license number have been entered in the Hoover PD Dispatch system as being the subject of a traffic violation complaint and that a verbal warning was given.  If the registered owner wasn't driving the vehicle, I will encourage them to tell me who was driving so that I may properly warn the driver.  If I am unable to make contact by telephone, the next step will be direct contact or certified mail.  I will then inform you if I was able to make contact to issue the warning.
     In the interest of confidentiality, at no time will I reveal your information to the person you file the complaint against, and I will not inform you of the identity of the person complained on.  I have had good success using this tactic over the years and look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,

Officer Brian Foreman

« Last Edit: 09/26/14 at 5:28pm by Bluff Park Forum Admin »  

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
Officer Foreman

Hoover Police
Department

Re: Reporting Traffic Violations
Reply #1 - 02/19/08 at 7:28pm

Hello,
     To date I have only had two residents contact me in regards to observed traffic violations.  One violator was an adult driver, the other a teenager who had her backside chewed on after I spoke with her mother.  I work in Inverness and need more people to send me information about observed violations.  

SEND ME MORE REPORTS!!!!!

Officer Foreman

www.hooverpd.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
J
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #2 - 01/06/10 at 12:47pm

Can someone from the police department issue a warning for parking on the street. It seems like every other day there is someone parked on the street near the corner of pine lane and shades crest rd. I wouldn't mind if it was occasional, but it is very frequent. I think the address is 973 Shades Crest rd....check for vehicles parked on the rd...

Thanks.

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 01/12/10 at 2:03pm

Quote from J on 01/06/10 at 12:47pm:
Can someone from the police department issue a warning for parking on the street. It seems like every other day there is someone parked on the street near the corner of pine lane and shades crest rd. I wouldn't mind if it was occasional, but it is very frequent. I think the address is 973 Shades Crest rd....check for vehicles parked on the rd...

Thanks.

A while back we asked Hoover PD if this was legal (parking on the street).  Their response was that it was legal, provided the vehicle was pointed in the same direction as the traffic flow.  The only time it was not legal, according to them, was if it blocked traffic.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Dmliddy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #4 - 01/28/10 at 8:58am

I live near the intersection of Chapel Rd. and Shades Crest, and for months (yes, months) someone has been honking their horn as they drive through the stop sign at around 5:00am.  It's sporadic, but they do it once or twice every week.  I'm up at this time, so it didn't bother me at first and I blew it off, but now it's just getting creepy and obsessive.  

I started looking out the window, and it's the same car every time.  I contacted the email listed above, and I never received a response.  I now have their license plate# and I would most definitely like to file a complaint.  Should I retry the email above, or should I just call the Hoover PD?  I know they have much more important issues to tackle, but I'm annoyed.

Thought I'd post this here to see if anyone else has any thoughts...
Thanks!

IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/28/10 at 9:40am

The Hoover Police told me to call them anytime because that is what they are here for.  I call them at least three times a month for a neighbor that feels she has the right to disturb two families on my street, one of them being me.  I told the police I didn't want to bother them for something that is just really annoying when they could be fighting crime and they repeated to me that they are here to help us all, no matter how small we may feel the problem is compared to big time crimes.

IP Logged
sweethome2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/28/10 at 9:52am

I wish they would put a Hoover Policeman that drives a motorcycle on this stop sign every morning and evening to stop all the people that blow through this stop sign.  They could make a small fortune.  Some drivers feel so inconvenienced by this stop sign as is slows their travel time to work as they pass through our neighborhood.  

IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 01/28/10 at 2:50pm

Quote from Dmliddy on 01/28/10 at 8:58am:
I live near the intersection of Chapel Rd. and Shades Crest, and for months (yes, months) someone has been honking their horn as they drive through the stop sign at around 5:00am.  It's sporadic, but they do it once or twice every week.  I'm up at this time, so it didn't bother me at first and I blew it off, but now it's just getting creepy and obsessive.

I started looking out the window, and it's the same car every time.  I contacted the email listed above, and I never received a response.  I now have their license plate# and I would most definitely like to file a complaint.  Should I retry the email above, or should I just call the Hoover PD?  I know they have much more important issues to tackle, but I'm annoyed.

Thought I'd post this here to see if anyone else has any thoughts...
Thanks!

You should be hearing from someone soon.

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Dmliddy
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #8 - 01/29/10 at 10:49am

Thank you!

IP Logged
rolling stone
YaBB Newbies

I like Bluff Park...

Reply #9 - 02/06/10 at 2:10pm

2300 Cambo Lane - 16 year old out of control.  lives with his mother.  she can not handle him.  i am sure the immediate neighbors are more frustrated than all  of us others.  can we do ANYTHING to get this under control?

IP Logged
friendofbp

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #10 - 02/08/10 at 5:14pm

If we are looking to report traffic violaters and catch people speeding,
might I suggest that a cop park themself on Rockland Drive?

If you live on this street, it's a good idea NOT to park on it, and  
especially at night.

One of our cars was hit IN BROAD day light, a few years ago-
thank goodness we were at home, outside when it happened.

About three weeks ago, someone hit our mailbox(at 12AM),  
 we're about 100% sure we know who did it- I saw what happened-
and then when our neighbor found the  silver Honda CRV's side view mirror
 in our driveway the next day- he drove around and found
where they live- he saw the evidence -scratch marks and  
a vehicle missing it's side view  mirror.

We talked to the police and they said we would have to fill out a form.
We would if we thought it would change anything.

We bought a new mailbox, since our was so old and rusty-
but they got the worse end of it-our mailbox is cemented
and mounted about a foot down in the ground. It ripped
the flap off that protects your mail.

I'd like to think that they didn't think that they knocked it
over, so they never bothered to say they were sorry....
I'm sure they are sorry, sorry they tore up their car.

We are keeping our eyes out for them and we will be
talking to the police if they so much as speed up our
street.

I'm glad that the mailbox was hit-it prevented them from
tearing through our yard and hitting my car.

Oh well, that's my .02 !

IP Logged
just_wondering
YaBB Newbies

I Love Bluff Park!

Reply #11 - 08/18/10 at 7:41am

hello, I am new to this site and I was wondering if there is any routine Police patrols that work the area of Bluff Park near the shopping center and the Elementary school? I have noticed that there are a lot of cars that do not stop at the stop signs and that they also do not obey the speed limit. There are always a lot of traffic that uses our streets and it seems to me that it would make sense that there would be some method for the Police to monitor and control thse type violations. Does anyone know who i might contact to check on the availability of officers in this area?

Email   IP Logged
Bluff Park Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - 08/18/10 at 8:12am

Quote from just_wondering on 08/18/10 at 7:41am:
hello, I am new to this site and I was wondering if there is any routine Police patrols that work the area of Bluff Park near the shopping center and the Elementary school? I have noticed that there are a lot of cars that do not stop at the stop signs and that they also do not obey the speed limit. There are always a lot of traffic that uses our streets and it seems to me that it would make sense that there would be some method for the Police to monitor and control thse type violations. Does anyone know who i might contact to check on the availability of officers in this area?

You can start with Ofc. Brian Foreman.  You can send him an e-mail at foremanr@ci.hoover.al.us and give him your concerns.

You can also speak with the desk officer.  That information is here: http://www.hooverpd.com/page.asp?id=67

Failure to obey stop signs has always been an issue in Bluff Park.  Most people treat it more like a yield sign than a stop sign, if that.  When you speak with the Hoover PD representative, explain where and when the issues are occuring.  Many times people just say "the cars are speeding" and Hoover PD will set up a couple of motorcycle units on Park Ave. or on Shades Crest Road to run radar, but that really doesn't fix the stop sign issue, so the more specific you can be, the better.

Welcome to the site.  You'll see that we're focused on Bluff Park only and much of what is talked about both on the site and on the forum is related to keeping the area safe, but we discuss other things also.

Enjoy the site!

The Administrator.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

godaddy stats

All Content ©2006-2014 BluffParkAl.org - All Rights Reserved - Site Designed and Hosted by PC Medics of Alabama/An RFS Enterprises Company